Saturday 17 September 2016

Congratulations

Speech Finals


Hi my name is Joe Brownlie. On Tuesday 6th of September I was lucky enough to go to the Peninsula speech cluster finals at Saint Joseph's Primary school. This was the first time for me representing Vauxhall and I was excited to see what other people had chosen for their speech topics. Some of the other topics were: ‘why shopping should be considered a sport’, ‘hidden sugar' and the topic that took first, ‘pollution’. The winner of this final then went on to compete in the Auckland primary school final. While I was disappointed that I didn’t get a place, I was thrilled that I had the chance to overcome my nerves and stand up in front of an audience I did not know. Between you and me I was relieved not to have to say  my speech on ‘Why advertisers are taking over the world' again. I was getting very sick of my own jokes! Mind you I did get some ideas already for next year's competition…….


Great job Joe!

The Totara Syndicate are all so proud of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment